- 18.02.2010 After many years working with us, Ulli has successfuly defended his Ph.D. and has now left us. We wish him all the best for the future and say: kudos for building Anubis! Cle has now taken over the code base and is improving Anubis. Anubis has lost its father, but it lives on ;)
- 18.02.2010 We are fellows of the OWASP Italian Chapter.
- 17.02.2010 We now have a group on LinkedIN.
- 02.02.2010 Spiegel Online has also published an article on our deanonymization attack.
- 02.02.2010 We have been Slashdotted.
- 01.02.2010 Heise has published an article on our deanonymization
- 14.12.2009 We attended ACSAC in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- 05.12.2009 We made the second place in this year's UCSB iCTF -- read the story.
- 18.11.2009 We attended CCS in Chicago.
- 22.09.2009 We are attending RAID 2009 and ESORICS in St Malo.
- 10.08.2009 We are attending USENIX Security in Montreal.
- 08.06.2009 We (Shellphish) qualified for the DefCon CTF! We got 5th place in the quals.
- 17.05.2009 We are attending IEEE Security and Privacy and are presenting a paper.
- 21.04.2009 We are attending WWW 2009 and are presenting a paper.
- 11.03.2009 We now perform clustering of submitted malware based on the behavior observed by Anubis. For details on how we do it, see the paper, which we are presenting at NDSS. This allows us to automatically detect families of related malware.
- 08.02.2009 We are attending NDSS and are presenting a paper.
- 22.01.2009 Check out our new malicious code analysis service: WEPAWET.
- 28.11.2008 We are attending ACSAC and are taking part in a panel.
- 17.10.2008 On the d'Azur front, we started having paper reading sessions on this beach in Biot on Tuesdays ;-)
- 15.10.2008 Gilbert's project proposal, Spotlight, was awarded a grant. Read the ORF press report, the Standard report, and Pressetext Austria.
- 13.10.2008 Teaching has started. We are teaching Advanced Topics in Security / Advanced Internet Security this semester.
- 18.09.2008 We attended RAID in Boston and presented a paper.
- 10.08.2008 We attended DefCon in Las Vegas to take part in the Capture The Flag contest as Team Shellphish. Our performance was not glorious this year and we were not in the top 3 -- but hey, we had lots of fun ;-) Next time, we will work on our defenses.
- 01.08.2008 Thomas found a vulnerability in the Apple Safari browser while testing his tool that he is developing for his master's thesis. Here is the Apple advisory. Look for "CarbonCore".
- 04.07.2008 We are attending the DIMVA conference in Paris.
- 20.06.2008 We are watching the European Championship -- of course ;-)
- 02.06.2008 Shellphish (UCSB team with some participants from TU Vienna and Eurecom) qualifies for the DefCon CTF! See the final results. This was a tough one :-)
- 01.06.2008 We are taking part in the DefCon quals...
- 19.05.2008 We are attending the IEEE Security and Privacy Conference in Oakland and are presenting a paper.
- 16.02.2008 We attended the 15th Annual Network & Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS) in San Diego and presented a paper.
- 01.02.2008 We will be attending the International Botnet Task Force Conference in Lyon.
- 21.12.2007 SecLab wishes a merry Christmas and a happy new year to our students and colleagues.
- 10.12.2007 We will be attending the ACSAC 2007 conference in Miami to present two papers.
- 08.12.2007 Team TU Wien (We 0wn You) captures 4th place at the UCSB Capture The Flag contest among 36 university teams! Thanks to this year's InetSec 2 students. Nice work! Read a summary
- 19.09.2007 We will be presenting a white paper entitled "Stateful Fuzzing of Wireless Device Drivers in an Emulated Environment" at Black Hat Japan at the end of October.
- 05.08.2007 We will be attending the USENIX Security conference in Boston and present a WOOT 07 paper.
- 10.07.2007 We will be attending the Fourth GI International Conference on Detection of Intrusions & Malware, and Vulnerability Assessment in Lucerne, Switzerland to present a paper.
- 03.07.2007 We are glad to announce the following talk: "Overview of the PHP String Analyzer" by Yasuhiko Minamide (University of Tsukuba, Japan). Time: Wednesday, July 4th, 3:00 PM.
- 20.06.2007 We have released a new version of Pixy, our open-source scanner for detecting vulnerabilities in PHP programs.
- 05.06.2007 We will be attending the Annual USENIX Technical Conference in Santa Clara to present a paper.
- 14.05.2007 We will be attending the IEEE Security and Privacy Conference in Oakland to present a paper.
- 10.03.2007 Our project Anubis: Analyzing Unknown Binaries is online. Anubis is an online malware analysis service that analyzes Windows executables for you.
- 09.03.2007 We attended NDSS and visited the UCSB folks in Santa Barbara. The weather was great and Giovanni and Davide took us surfing ;-) Check out the pictures. We are not really surfers, but it was great fun.
- 09.02.2007 We will attend NDSS in San Diego to present a paper.
- 09.12.2006 Team TU Wien (We 0wn You) wins the UCSB Capture The Flag contest! Thanks to this year's InetSec 2 students. Great work! Read a summary
- 25.11.2006 We attended the EU IST 2006 conference in Helsinki.
- 20.10.2006 The UCSB CTF will take place on December the 8th. We will participate :)
- 09.10.2006 InetSec 2 (i.e., Advanced Internet Security) course has started.
- 21.09.2006 We are attending the 9th International Symposium On Recent Advances In Intrusion Detection (RAID) in Hamburg, Germany.
- 10.09.2006 We attended the 9th Information Security Conference in Samos, Greece.
- 09.08.2006 We participated in the DefCon Capture The Flag security contest in Las Vegas with the University of California Santa Barbara team, Shellphish, and got third place (among 8 teams). According to Kenshoto, our team obtained the most and the best breakthroughs.
- 31.07.2006 We are attending the USENIX Security 2006 conference in Vancouver, Canada.
- 29.07.2006 Our HoneyNet project was launched yesterday. Thanks to the TU ZID (Dr. Demel and Mr. Kainrath) for providing us with more than 4000 IP addresses. Nepenthes is now up and running and we are collecting malware.
- 17.07.2006 We attended the DIMVA conference in Berlin.
- 05.07.2006 The development release of Qdig fixes a vulnerability that was discovered by Nenad's tool Pixy. For other vulnerability reports, check this page.
- 03.07.2006 The summer holidays have started ;) We wish all InetSec participants a great summer!
Last Modified: Sun Oct 6 23:23:07 CEST 2013